These are some of the jobs that need to be done for the dances to happen:
- Find and book the halls in Tampa and St. Petersburg.
- Book the musicians.
- Book the caller.
- Maintain the mailing list.
- Maintain the E-mail list.
- Maintain the website.
- Produce and publish the flyer.
- Address and mail the flyers and special mailings.
- Set up the hall before the dance.
- Close down the hall after the dance.
- Collect money at the gate.
- Pay the talent.
- Provide refreshments.
- Attend the regular meetings of the dance committee.
- Bring new dancers.
- Help new dancers have fun.
- Spread the word about contra dancing.
- Publicize in the newspapers and on radio.
If you would like to help make the dances happen, call (727) 823-2725 or e-mail email@example.com for the date, time, and place of the next Tampa Friends of Old-Time Dance meeting. The meetings are held once a month and everyone is encouraged to attend. Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Contact any of the committee members to let them know how you can help.